The event will be held Thursday, October 3rd from 11:30am until 2:00pm at the Marshall Student Center Amphitheater. Please see the event details below:
In honor of Domestic Violence Awareness Month (October), N.I.T.E (Network. Improve. Transform. Empower.) Will be hosting their annual event, Walk a Mile in Her Shoes. During this event, men and women will come together and pledge their solidarity to end violence against women. Based off the idea that you don't know someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes, men that participate will wear women's heels, wedges, pumps, and stilettos and walk a "mile" to show their support and commitment.
This year, we will be having a post-walk celebration where participants can hang out and enjoy some music, games, contests, and drinks. All women's shoes will be provided for men to borrow at Walk-A-Mile, but if you would like to bring your own pair of pumps, you are more than welcome to!
USF's Walk a Mile in Her Shoes is sponsored by the student organization N.I.T.E. and co-sponsored by USF's Center for Victim Advocacy and Violence Prevention and REAL - Relationship Equality and Anti-violence League.
Walk a Mile in Her Shoes will be starting at 11:30 in the MSC Amphitheater at the USF Tampa Campus. We welcome all USF students, faculty, staff, and any community members that would like to come out and show their support!
If you have any questions about the event, you can contact N.I.T.E.'s President, Elizabeth Moschella at elizabeth11@mail.usf.edu, or N.I.T.E.'s Vice President, Rachel Preston at rachel22@mail.usf.edu.
You can also view N.I.T.E.'s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/usfnite
No comments:
Post a Comment